Skip to main content

A guide to international divorce or dissolution

The Money Advice Service offer advice on if you have a connection to a different part of the UK to where you currently live, or to another country outside of the UK, you might be able to start your divorce or dissolution proceedings there.

A guide to international divorce or dissolution

Check your situation with our assessment tools

  • Getting documents together

    You will need to get together a range of information, depending on your current circumstances. Here’s a list of the kinds of things you may need.

    woman on bed with dog
  • Informing others

    There will be a number of people and organisations that you will need to contact and let know about your change of circumstances, here’s a list of who you may need to inform.

    person on phone
  • Budget Planner

    Use the Money Advice Service's free Budget Planner to put you in control of your household spending and analyse your results to help you take control of your money.

    Money Advice Service logo

Was this page helpful?